05 February 2010

My Knitting Self Squeals With Delight

So you know those "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters that are popping up everywhere? The history behind the posters is really interesting. The parodies are ridiculously awesome - if I ever become a professor with my own office, I might just want to hang this just to scare students (muah ha ha...I have a really bad sense of humor sometimes):
That should pretty much set the record straight.

Anywhooo, there are TONS of parodies out there - the easiest thing to do is go to Etsy and type "Keep Calm and Carry On prints" - this is what you end up with. KeepCalmShop has some of the best ones out there.

While browsing through Ravelry for some pattern ideas (as if I do not have 300+ things I want to knit already - dead serious) I saw a thread in the forums about these posters, but the Ravelry edition so to speak:So fun! I love how they incorporated knitting/crochet notions into the design of the crown. I am totally going to pre-order the knit version (as I cannot crochet to save my life, except for a chain that is used in a particular kind of cast-on for knitting). I also plan to get one or two others in the future: Keep Calm and Travel On, and Keep Calm and Ride On.

1 comment: