21 February 2010

Oh, Beautiful Day

The Aussie and I went for a walk around our neighborhood this morning. Barring the wind, it was quite lovely; I even had to wip out the sunglasses because it was so sunny.

Our route was pretty basic (just a square with two of the main shopping drags as two of the sides) and we picked up Starbucks along the way. It's a good thing that I don't have a Starbucks within a 2 minute walking distance, else I'd be totally broke.

When I lived with my parents, I had to take a bus to the subway stop and there was a Starbucks right on the corner. The Aussie and I used to spend our Saturday mornings at that particular Starbucks in college doing our homework. We would listen to the old Greek men discussing politics, and had to get there really early (about 9am? The Aussie would take the train from Brooklyn to meet with me) before they grabbed the only big table in the corner.

Mornings like today remind me of those Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment