10 July 2010

Playing Catch Up

Teaching from 10:30 to 12:45 for 4 days a week and then tutoring from 1 to 9 (with a break between 3:15 and 4:30) for 3 days really cuts into blogging mojo. Here is a recap of what I've been up to lately:

1. Saw ABT's production of Sleeping Beauty at the Metropolitan Opera. What a beautiful ballet. The costumes were amazing, the music was wonderful (it's the same in the Disney movie I never knew that!) and my mom and I had AMAZING seats.

Little's Sister's coworker's boyfriend is a corps member at ABT and we got comp tickets through him. I also went and saw the All-American Repertory Program. Contemporary choreography is not exactly my cup of tea, but the second act (done to the music of The Andrews Sisters) was alot of fun.

Here is this Spring's Met Opera/ABT ticket haul (and I didn't pay a thing. The Don Quixote ticket was through my mom's school and thanks to Little Sister, we ended up in the private boxes for the third act):2. Got tickets for museums/sites in Italy! We are going to see the Palace of the Doges in Venice, Gallerie d'Academia and Uffizi Gallery in Florence, the Vatican Museums + Sistine Chapel, the Coloseum, Pantheon and a bunch of other places in Rome. The last thing I need to figure out is how to get to the Apnean Way so The Aussie and I can go cycling there - Little Sister did it when she lived in Rome and had a blast.

3. Speaking of Italy, I got my suitcase. It's actually the 25" one (need a bit of room for goodies from Italy!) bright fuschia pink on the inside, and comes with both a laundry and toiletries bag.

4. Knitting: started my sweater, finishing up a shawl, have a pair of mittens, a cowl and a baby onesie on the needles. Have to be extra careful with my wrists. Once I finish all of thes projects, I plan to block them all at once using the wool-wash (so that I can conserve it) and then do a mass knitting post.

5. Tomorrow, I am going to cross off another item on the 26 to 26 List: Go on a century ride, Tour de Brooklyn or Tour de Queens. Through my job, I was able to register The Aussie, Little Sister and myself for free for the Tour de Queens. It's a 20 mile ride and luckily, the weather will not be as hot as it has been. Our electric bill doubled this past month.

6. Went to see Eclipse with my knitting group the day before it opened (one of the girls got tickets to a special screening). Much like how it was at Maryland Sheep & Wool, the usual shenanigans ensued - though some of the women on the line waiting for the movie were downright psychotic in their Devotion to Edward (I like Jasper myself).

Cupcakes and unicorns are our mascots (inside joke) so I brought along my unicorn beanie baby, Mystic for the ride (in my defense, my mom got her for me at the height of Beanie Baby Mania in 1996 and I kept her out of all the Beanie Babies my sister and I collected). She got sloshed between the beer, wine, and sangria. We went to Lillie's after the movie, which is a great bar. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment