15 September 2010

Hooray! New Shelter Mag in Print!

I was too late to get in on the Domino Magazine action and only really got into (neophyte, at best) decorating just as it was closing. Sad.

There are some great new online shelter/lifestyle/cooking magazines to pick up where Domino left off (Lonny and Sweet Paul, to name a few) and I have recently subscribed to Real Simple. Domino is back on Brides.com as well. I also follow some great blogs (such as Decor8).

In spite of the whole new "digital" age and people getting magazines on their Kindles, Nooks and iPads, there is still something to be said for the tactile feeling of a magazine in your hands. Same thing goes for handwriting notes and feeling the heft of a book you can't wait to read in your bag after picking it up from the library - I picked up The Omnivore's Dilemma and The Big Oyster: History on the Half Shell yesterday.

I was so happy to see this pop-up via my Craftzine google feed:There is a new PRINT shelter mag out called Anthology. It comes out quarterly, which in my opinion is great - you have just enough time between issues to really go through the mag and if there is anything that strikes your fancy, you have time to try it before the next one comes out (while I love Real Simple and the recipes in it, sometimes what you want to do from the mag can get a bit overwhelming. I still have get to deeply go through my June & Jul issues!).

Needless to say, I immediately got my subscription all sorted. The cover is so fun! Can't wait till I get my first issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment